In February 2012, My Girlfriend’s Closet and the Princess Project teamed up with Westfield Horton Plaza and held a collection event for gently used clothing, prom dresses, and accessories to donate to foster and disadvantaged girls.
The Princess Project provides free prom dresses and accessories to high school girls who otherwise can’t afford to purchase them new.
Gown guidelines for donation:
- Dresses should be fashionable formal gowns, party dresses, and cocktail dresses. Dresses can be all lengths, sizes, fabrics and colors
- Dresses should be in excellent condition
- Dresses must be dry-cleaned and on hangers upon donation
My Girlfriend’s Closet provides free gently used clothing and accessories to foster and disadvantaged girls ages 13 to 22. Twice a year My Girlfriend’s Closet distributes collected clothing and accessories in a boutique-like setting where girls can come and “shop” for the clothing they need.
- Gently worn jeans, pants, shorts, shirts, sweaters, jackets, pajamas, dresses, shirts and sweatshirts
- Shoes and accessories
- Clothing should be in good condition and appropriate for teenage girls.
Email us at: