Want to get involved? Each stage of our work – collecting, sorting, and distributing clothing – is crucial for the success of our organization, as well as a huge source of personal satisfaction for our volunteers. We are always looking for:
Dedicated mother and teen daughter teams who want to help make a difference in the lives of local young women in need.
Teenage boys and young men who would like to assist with loading and unloading bins and display racks, and provide security during distribution events.
Whether you’re looking for a one-time volunteer opportunity or an ongoing commitment to community service, here are some of the ways you can get involved with My Girlfriend’s Closet:
Here’s how to help collect:
- Put a request on social media in your area
- Do a drive as a Girl Scout project
- Work with you NCL chapter (or other organization) to tie into an event
- Drop clothes off at any MCG collection location
- Party of a sorority? – hold a drive
- Work with your own high school
MGC Board : Collections
Here’s how to help sort:
- Sign-up for a shift or two through sign up genius
- Get a group of your friends to come hlep – it’s a fun day!
- Sorting occurs the week before the main event at the First Church of the Nazarene in Point Loma
- Pizza and beverages provided for colunteers
- Students – bring your paperwork if you need to track your volunteer hours
MCG Board: Sorting
Sorting event: September 29, 2018